Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Book Q&A with Amelia - Part Two

Hello! My sister, Amelia, and I did a book Q&A! This is part two where we answer questions 11-20. Go check out part one on Amelia's blog Experiencing the Undiscovered (it's awesome!).


11. How many books are on your to-read list?

Amelia - I only have 23 on my Goodreads to-read list, but I have a bunch more in my head and in notebooks!

Mattie - 30, but it is an ever-growing, ever-changing list, and I also forget to put books on it!



12. Do you use bookmarks?

Amelia - Yes. I am terrible at remembering page numbers!

Mattie - Sort of. If there is one right next to me (literally right next to me), then I will, but if not I just use the page number. Now that I have some awesome bookmarks (made by Amelia!) I do use them more than I used to.



13. What was the last book you read?

Amelia - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang by Ian Fleming.

Mattie - The Lightning Theif by Rick Riordan. 



14. What book made you cry?

Amelia - Messenger by Lois Lowry. It was so sad!!!

Mattie - The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. The ending. It's so sad. 😢😢



15. What is the oldest book that you own?

Amelia - The Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan. (1881) I've talked about this book before! 😂

Mattie - The Merchant of Venice by William Shakespeare. My edition was published in 1906.


Pilgrim's Progess
The Merchant of Venice

























16. What is your least favorite cover of a book that you own?

Amelia - The Dark is Rising. I have read the first one in this series, but will most likely never read this one! Just saying, they could have tried a little harder on this cover!

Mattie - The Return of the King by J. R. R. Tolkien. Now, I own another copy of this book, and I love the cover, but this edition. It makes me want to laugh and cry at the same time!

The Dark is Rising
The Return of the King




11

😂   

























17. How many books have you not read on your shelf?

Amelia - 34. I know, it's a lot, but I'll get around to them one day!

Mattie - 66. I know, it's a lot. I'm working on it!



18. What are your five favorite books that you read this year?

Amelia - The Last Battle by C.S. Lewis, Messenger by Lois Lowry, Son by Lois Lowry, Great Expectations by Charles Dickens, and Vango: Between Sky and Earth by Timothee De Fombelle. Sadly, I didn't read very many books that I really liked this year, so this question was a little hard.

Mattie - Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Steifvater, Airborn by Kenneth Oppel, The Glass Sentence by S. E. Grove, Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury, and The Reluctant Assassin by Eoin Colfer.



19. How many books have you read this year?

Amelia - 36. I know, it's terrible! I've always gotten at least 20 more than that! I must say though, three of them were around 800 pages!

Mattie - 74. My goal is 100, but I'm not sure if I'll make it.



20. What is your favorite book you have read for school so far?

Amelia - The Scarlet Pimpernel. I've actually liked quite a few school books I have read, but I remember really liking this one! 😜

Mattie - Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. It was really interesting, and it was about books! Well, burning books mostly, but books nonetheless!

Thank you for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it!

Amelia's blog - Experiencing the Undiscovered

- Mattie Grace

2 comments:

  1. What a fun post to read and learn about both of you and also learn about books that I have never heard of! I also liked seeing pictures of some of them! Hope you will do more posts like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Mattie, and am super excited to explore your blog!! :D Awesome post!!!

    ReplyDelete