Saturday, January 25, 2020

Sketches

Hello!

I just wanted to share a few of my recent sketches. I've been wanting to start drawing and painting more, and I'm hoping this might motivate me a little more. :)


For this sketch, I was inspired by a drawing of Buttercup from The Princess Bride.

My family and I have been watching through The Lord of the Rings, and I wanted to draw a little hobbit girl. It turned out okay, not my favorite, but it was fun to draw! :D

This drawing was from this image I found on Pinterest.

This is a girl from the book I'm writing for fun (I mainly just draw the characters from my book instead of writing it lol). Her name is Calypso, and she's just a little side character, but I love to draw all of my characters. I used this 1830's dress from Pinterest as a reference. 

I was at my grandparent's house, sitting in front of some fake flowers, and I like to draw things inspired by what I see around me, so I drew this girl.
























This is the main character in my book. I was trying to draw her in some different outfits, and I used this 1830's bodice from Pinterest as reference for the dress on the left.

I've been in a bit of a creative mood, but instead of making things I've just been looking on Pinterest haha! I just want to draw and paint and read and work on my book, write poetry, sew, embroider, take pictures, knit. There are too many things! Well, I guess I better finish up my school and get drawing!

- Mattie Grace

3 comments:

  1. I love all your drawings! My favorite one is the hobbit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mattie Grace. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you and about your interest in reading and sewing. I have enjoyed your skillful sketches on the blog post. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouragedm strngthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 40 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We rech out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenehearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai with your friends to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessing on you your family and friends also wishing you a blessed and a Christ centered new year 2020. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goshhhhhh. dude. your drawings are absolutely the cutest. i love your style, especially the faces. beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete